Sunday, November 27, 2011

Drawer of Contents

This is a drawer of things I'm not ready to deal with...






I have it set up so that every once in a while, I will inevitably open said drawer, usually in a state of exhaustion, getting ready in the morning, just to remind myself that both the drawer and its contents exist. 


Most of the time, I close it, disgruntled and annoyed with myself for ever opening it in the first place.


But every so often, I go through the drawer:


A bag of coffee from Indonesia. Made from bird or cat poop. Don't ask. I don't know.


A blue button down that I danced with once. Boy did that shirt light my eyes up. Now I can't even remember why.


A "Team Blackout" T-shirt. This one makes me uncomfortable for so many reasons. Primarily, I really wish I could tell you the whole story. But actually, I'm not sure I care.


A dark blue shirt I wore as a janitor. What an odd story. I'm still trying to work it out.


Postcards sent on false presumptions in a language I no longer understand. I hear you're happy. So how about you stay the hell away from me? You got what you wanted - I am unbelievably shattered.


An engagement ring, a family ring and a class ring. I don't know where they are exactly. I need to find them. You need them back.


A stuffed bunny. All I want is to rip its head off.






This is the drawer of things I'm not able to deal with. When you're all ready to let me...I think I'd like to empty it.

No comments:

Post a Comment