Monday, June 6, 2011

Warning: Anything you say or do can be used...

The right arm thing interests me. I also want to know what your heart is gravitating toward in all this not only in respect to love but what do you hope to gain in the end? What do you want for yourself? Also in a selfish respect I want to know what effect if any I have had on this. But mostly I think its good you're trying not to close yourself off.

In the end I don't want to be what I am right now I want to trust people and myself. I don't want to feel like I have to be strong all the time. You helped me realize how far I'd gone, but also that it's something no one but I can figure out for myself. I also am really interested in how the process and piece are perceived by an audience.

As cheesy as it sounds follow your heart I think...if I have anything to offer you it's that you should let yourself be impulsive. Do something insane...not because it makes sense but because why...not? We are young and before we know it we won't have the chance to be young and stupid anymore...Disagree with me if you must but your life is what you make it. Yes there are outside factors but in the end it's you...I tell you this for your sake because I don't ever want you to regret anything. There is always time for doing what you know in your heart is what you want right now, whatever that may be. Take a chance.



The simple beauty in what you said still has me speechless. This conversation alone makes this journey 100% worth it. Someone out there is coming along with me for the ride, and although I would be perfectly content if you were the only one, you aren't. I've had a handful of similar conversations, with people I would never have expected, concerning this project. Non-artists and artists alike, all of whom are genuinely intrigued by what I'm attempting. This one in particular just really struck me. It is exactly what I need to hear, both personally and professionally, inside and outside of this piece.

I want you to know that I've been thinking about it...what does take a chance mean for me? The first chance that came to mind is something my available time and ability to pursue has long since past, and I deeply regret it. I've been left with the "what if" factor, and although I am positively certain beyond a doubt that nothing good could have come of me taking that chance - that me and those close to me would have been very disappointed in my lack of self-respect - I am still left with loose ends and unanswered questions that will seemingly linger for quite some time.

So again, take a chance? I'll have to get back to you on that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment